Last night as I was reflecting on the day, I realized just how good God is and what an amazing ride it is to serve Him and lead others to do the same. Here are a few highlights:
- I had a brief meeting yesterday with our Grace Group leaders and hosts. I was reminded how thankful I am for each of them and their leadership within our church family.
- Each Sunday we meet with everyone working that day throughout the ministries of Grace. We now meet at 9:30 and pray for the day and for our ministry and the opportunities we’ll have. I love these people and their willingness to serve the family of Grace.
- 10 minutes before the service even starts we have live worship music as our musicians get the day going and welcoming as the church gathers. Yesterday there was such a sweet spirit in the room as we awaited the 10 o’clock start.
- We had our Grace Group at lunch yesterday, because of the Kids program last night. With this amazing weather we grilled burgers as we said farewell to some that are leaving this semester. Like many of the Grace Groups, we’ll start up after the first of the year. Love our Group!
- Last night Kelly Phillips led a group of Grace kids in a Christmas program. It was very sweet. You could tell a lot of work went into practicing, costumes, building a set, and memorizing lines. Kids did great!
- Last night we got to hear testimony from one of our families who just returned from a missions trip. Their enthusiasm is contagious. Laurie and I were encouraged and reminded of why we’re here as we listened and prayed with our dear friends.
The day seemed a little longer than usual, but it was full of God’s grace. We are seeing His hand at work throughout Grace and for that, we are most blessed and thankful.